Seeking Assistance

Students concerned about substance abuse should contact the Student Affairs Director on their respective campus or Carebridge, the confidential student counseling services resource PCOM provides to all students, at 1-800-437-0911 ( Additional information about Carebridge services is provided on the Resources Section on PCOM’s intranet site. Students may also contact HealthiestYou, a service that provides access to doctors and mental healthcare from anywhere even if you are traveling internationally. Services are free for students. Contact HealthiestYou at 866-703-1259. Additional resouces can be found on the Mental Health and Wellness section of MyPCOM.

Reports by Concerned Individuals

If a student suspects impairment of another student, students should seek guidance from the Student Affairs Director on their respective campus.          

General Detection of the Impaired Student

At the discretion of the Provost, a student may be required to submit to psychological assessment and/or a urine and/or blood screening to detect alcohol or the presence of illegal drugs based on reasonable suspicion of impairment. Medical professionals will perform such assessments and toxicology tests at no cost to the student, with reports sent in confidence to the Provost. If such screening measures detect impairment, the Provost may remand the matter to the Student Professional Conduct Committee. Students who have declined an assessment and/or recovery plan will automatically be remanded to the Student Professional Conduct Committee for dismissal proceedings.

In accordance with the College Disciplinary Policy, any student found guilty of the use, sale or distribution of illegal drugs, either on campus or off campus, will be subject to permanent termination of enrollment. PCOM’s Substance Abuse Policy can be found on the Resources Section of MyPCOM.